Seeking an entrepreneurial and experienced leader to take charge of the expansion of WaystoCap’s trade finance division. Based in London, United Kingdom.
What we are looking for:
WaystoCap (W2C) is an Internet company originally founded in 2015 in Casablanca, Morocco that is revolutionizing the way Africa trades. We are building a marketplace for businesses in Africa to buy and sell products.
We want SMEs to have access to cross border commerce and in doing so we aim to help Africa develop by contributing to Africa’s growth both in terms of international and intra-African trade. We provide the tools an importer or exporter needs to buy and sell goods on the continent; from product discovery, financing, and insurance we are a full suite of tools for importers and exporters.
We are growing fast and we are now developing the trade finance division of our marketplace. The role is supposed to help W2C to achieve its mission to enable and create trade in Africa. The role will require someone who is both familiar and experienced with trade finance products but also understands the transformational nature of W2C and the positive impact it can have on the local, regional and continent’s business community.
This is a role for someone looking for a new challenge, in an exciting start-up with the goal to transform the way to commerce is done across the continent; and you’ll have the resources at your disposal to do it.
- • Work with W2C HQ closely to help them understand local markets
- • Originating and completing trade finance transactions across a spectrum of sectors in different African countries and regions.
- • Structuring transactions, developing and negotiating term sheets to execution.
- • Translate business development plans into real business for WaystoCap from all segments of trade finance market
- • Developing, marketing, and managing product programmes
- • Organise road-shows to establish WaystoCap’s market presence
- • Manage given portfolios, from the process of origination, credit approval and contracting to ensure that the process is finalised within optimal time
- • Ensure that once approval is obtained, disbursement is done within the required timelines and that the portfolio is managed according to the terms of the agreement and to the client’s satisfaction, until expiry of the same;
- • Establishing ties and partnerships with market participants including international banks, African financial institutions, (trade finance intermediaries), corporates and commodity boards and organizations;
- • Any other duties as may be assigned by senior management.
- • Post graduate degree in Business Administration, Banking or Finance from a recognized University or a professional qualification in Banking or International Trade Finance;
- • Sound experience of at least 6 years with a leading organisation and familiarity with the major trade finance products to be offered to clients especially syndication, co-financing, club deals, correspondent banking products including letters of credit, factoring, forfaiting, structured trade finance, corporate finance risk participations, project-related financing and considerable knowledge of how these work;
- • Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting and therefore knowledge of the workings of the main segments of the trade finance markets and the participants in major regions of Africa;
- • Ability to meet senior officials of banks, corporates and governments and win their confidence
- • English & French fluency.
- • Proven experience and knowledge of designing and selling structured trade finance products;
- • Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage a team.
- • Entrepreneurial
- • Ground floor opportunity: shape the strategic direction of the company
- • Make a difference – W2C is building the next generation trading platform for Africa, this is a revolutionary company and we want you to join the ride
- • Get access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that are actively engaged
- • Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, and equity compensation plan
Headquartered in Casablanca, Morocco: WaystoCap is an online marketplace, where sellers from around the world can find African buyers, and buyers can source the products they want to finance in a secure, safe, and reliable environment. Founded in 2015, WaystoCap has traded in over 10 African countries, and is rapidly expanding globally to help develop local access to African markets. By connecting buyers and suppliers around the world and in Africa, WaystoCap helps the whole continent develop, opening up more possibilities for business and supply from reliable and trustworthy counterparties and hence enables trade in Africa. WaystoCap is backed by YCombinator, and other international investors including Battery Ventures.